Enhancing Portfolio Performance is a technical assistance of ADB under TA 8847-NEP: Enhancing Portfolio Performance which was approved by ADB in December 2014. It was designed to conduct different need based trainings for staff of ADB-assisted projects covering ADB procedures, project implementation, and thematic topics. Capacity Development Resource Centre (CDRC) is an unit established at Nepal Administrative Staff College (NASC) to conduct training programs under TA 8847-NEP: Enhancing Portfolio Performance. The CDRC has started implementation of the contract activities since 16 November 2015.
Scope of Works
The scope of works of NASC contract includes the following for conducting 20 training programs as per the indicative training calendar (Attachment-1) included in the NASC Contract.:
- Providing suitable resource persons, trainer and training management staff to conduct the training programs. These experts will join with the resource persons/trainers provided by the CDRC team outside the NASC contract to assist implementing selected training events.
- Developing relevant training modules for each training event.
- Selection of participants for each training events from the concerned executing and implementing agencies.
- Organizing and facilitating each of the training events which are scheduled to be conducted in Kathmandu and in regional centers of Nepal. These include all logistic arrangements for the training programs (hiring training venues, training materials, multimedia, laptops, handout and accommodation and foods (for the programs outside Kathmandu).
- Preparing learning materials (hands-outs) and soft copy (CDs) for all participants.
- Maintaining records of feedbacks from participants on the quality and usefulness of each training events.
- Preparation of reports as required by contract.
Followings are the expected outcomes of the program:
- Establishment of Capacity Development Resource Centre at NASC
- Development of training modules on Procurement ,Contract Administration, Project Management , Financial Management, Gender and Social Inclusion and Safeguards.
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will have enhanced capability to efficiently carry out the procurement of works and selection of consultants.
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will have enhanced capability in Contract Administration.
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will have enhanced capability in Procurement and Contract Administration of Plant Design Supply and Installation
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will have enhanced knowledge and skill on Project Management.
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will be trained on Social and Environment Safeguards requirements
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will be on Financial Management
- Staff from various ADB assisted project offices will be trained on Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) requirements