Procurement of Works and Consulting Services
Duration: 12 - 16 March 2018 (5 days)
The aim of the course is to enhance knowledge and skills of project staff of executing and implementing agencies from project coordination offices and project implementation units on procurement of works and consulting services.
Objectives of the Course
The objectives of the course were to:
- improve awareness on policy and procedures on procurement of works and selection of consultants; and
- enhance knowledge and skills on procurement and consultancy services.
The training course was organized to deliver the following contents:
- Procurement guidelines
- Preparation of bidding documents
- Bid opening, bid evaluation and award of contract
- ADB guidelines on use of consultants and selection methods
- Preparation of EOI and RFPs
- Evaluation of EOIs and Proposals (Technical and Financial)
- Implementation risk mitigation action plan (IRMAP)
Training Approach and Methodology
The training followed social learning approach including various methods such as interactive presentation, discussion, exercise, case study, group work and presentation. Learner friendly environment was created to encourage the participants for sharing experiences.