The aim of the course was to enhance knowledge and skills of project staffs of executing and implementing agencies; coordination office; and implementation units on safeguards.
Objectives of the Course
The objectives of the course were to:
- apply ADB policies and procedures for smooth safeguards planning and implementation; and
- familiarize use of automated safeguards performance monitoring system.
The training course was organized to deliver the following contents:
- Social safeguards requirements
- Involuntary resettlement policies and principles
- Preparing entitlement matrix
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Environmental safeguards
- Environmental impact assessment
- EMP/IEE implementation mechanism
Training Approach and Methodology
The training followed social learning approach including various methods such as interactive presentation, field visit, group work and presentation. Learner friendly environment was created to encourage the participants for sharing experiences.
Twenty-nine (29) participants have participated the program.