The aim of the course was to enhance knowledge and skills of gender/social development specialist; gender focal persons; and GESI unit staffs on the area of gender equality and social inclusion.
Objectives of the Course
The objectives of the course were to:
- improve awareness on gender equality and social inclusion; and
- enhance capacity to effectively implement and monitor gender equality and social inclusion in project.
The training course was organized to deliver the following contents:
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
- Mainstreaming GESI in policy, institution and program
- Mainstreaming GESI in monitoring and reporting
- ADB’s GESI policies and requirements
- International and national GESI commitments, policies and mechanisms
- GESI responsive roles and responsibilities
Training Approach and Methodology
The training followed social learning approach including various methods such as interactive presentation and discussion. Learner friendly environment was created to encourage the participants for sharing experiences.
Twenty-eight (28) participants have participated the program.