Good safeguards practices should be well-established in the process of project preparation and implementation. To minimize or mitigate risks of harmful effect as well as to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, monitoring and timely reporting of environmental safeguards provisions are crucial. Government of Nepal (GoN) is committed to address safeguard requirements while designing and implementing any development projects that could have adverse impacts, however, safeguards monitoring and reporting during project implementation phase is not satisfactory.
ADB’s Nepal Country Partnership Strategy has emphasized the need for improvement in safeguards performance of development programs and projects funded by it. There is an urgent need of developing capacity in key agencies and to meet an immediate requirement for better safeguards policy provisions. Training needs assessments conducted by Capacity Development Resource Center in 2017 and 2021 have indicated gaps in safeguards related knowledge and skills of officials working in the ADB assisted projects. In this regard, the training program on advanced environmental safeguards monitoring and reporting has been designed.
The aim of this course is to enhance environmental safeguards related monitoring and reporting knowledge and skills of the participants working in different ADB assisted projects.
Objectives of the Course
At the end of this training program, the participants are expected to be able to:
- analyze the legal procedures, principles and provisions of environmental safeguard; and
- implement effective monitoring and reporting skills in development projects.
The training course will be organized to deliver the following contents:
- ADB’s Environmental Safeguards Principles
- Project Cycle and Environmental Safeguards Requirements
- Environment Categorization and Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Impact and Mitigation Measures
- Preparation of EMP
- Preparation of Monitoring Plan
- Safeguard Provisions in Bidding and Contract Documents
- Preparation of SEMP
- Environmental Compliance Monitoring Report and Requirements
- Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting with Monitoring
- Preparation of SEMR
Training Approach and Methodology
Adult learning principles will be used to facilitate the learning of the participants. Particularly, instruction techniques such as interactive lecture, field visit, and group works will be used to enhance participants' learning
|3||ARUN KUMAR SHAH|
|4||BISHNU DEO MAHATO|
|7||DURGA P POKHAREL|
|8||GANESH KUMAR SAH|
|9||KHADAK SINGH MAHATA|
|10||KRISHNA PRASAD TIMSINA|
|12||MD. JAHANGIR ALI|
|15||NABIN GOPAL BAIDYA|
|16||NABIN KUMAR BYANJU|
|21||SHYAM MANI KAPHLE|