Nepal, being signatory to various international conventions, is legally committed to gender equality and social inclusion. Three of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) are also closely related with gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), SDG 1 (elimination of absolute poverty and reduction of poverty by half), SDG 5 (gender equality and empowerment of women and girls) and SDG 10 on reducing inequality (within and between countries) by 2030.
The Constitution of Nepal envisions Nepal as an inclusive state and guarantees the right to equality for all its citizens. Since last few decades, the Government of Nepal (GoN) and the development partners have developed and implemented different policy frameworks to mainstream GESI. Sector specific GESI policies and guidelines have also been adopted by different sectoral ministries of the GoN.
In this regard, the training program on GESI has been designed to develop insights on power relations between different gender and social groups in Nepal and the application of GESI concepts and tools in the project cycle.
The aim of this course is to enhance the GESI knowledge and skills of the participants.
Objectives of the Course
At the end of this training program, participants are expected to be able to:
- understand gender, gender role and relations, practical needs, strategic interests, equity, equality, empowerment and social inclusion, and GESI theory of change; and
- analyze sector specific GESI issues, opportunities and learnings.
The training course will be organized to deliver the following contents:
- Gender equality and social inclusion concepts
- GESI mainstreaming framework and policy analysis
- ADB gender policy and strategy and mainstreaming GESI in project design, implementation and monitoring
- Project GESI action plan implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Sector specific GESI issues, opportunities and learning
Training Approach and Methodology
Adult learning principles will be used to facilitate the learning of the participants. Particularly, instruction techniques such as interactive lecture, quiz, role play, group exercises, plenary discussions will be used to enhance participants' learning.
The program will be implemented for three days.
28 Mangsir - 01 Poush 2079 (14 - 16 December 2022)
09:00 to 17:00
Training Management Team
Mr. Govinda Maharjan
Mr. Shashi Shekhar Acharya
|2||Arun Kumar Shah|
|4||Bishnu Dev Mahato|
|5||Bishwa Raj Panthi|
|7||Durga Prasad Pokharel|
|9||Gopal Prasad Pathak|
|13||Kushal Dev Ghimire|
|17||Rajan Rishi Kadel|
|18||Ram Krishna Giri|
|24||Shristi Bantha Magar|
|29||Likh Ram Chaudhary|